We have a values based ethos, based on the following values:
- Learning is of great importance and is to be taken very seriously;
- We respect one another and our environment;
- Everyone must take full responsibility for their own actions and behaviour;
- Model a growth mindset and work together to build a positive community and team relationships.
- Everyone makes mistakes and we support them when they do; learning mistakes are valuable!
- Childhood is a precious time and we will respect you, value you, nurture you and care for you;
- Community is very important to us, within the school and in the wider world;
- As far as possible, everyone should be involved in decisions;
- We ensure that the best people are working on the job;
- We embrace change;
- We are intolerant of intolerance and value differences.
We are committed to ensuring that our pupils achieve the highest standards of which they are capable in a stimulating environment which excites their interest, encourages an ethos of learning and enables us always to improve on our previous best achievements. We aim:
- to raise standards for all, closing any gaps between groups of pupils;
- to ensure that all children develop the knowledge, understanding, attitudes and skills to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens;
- to safeguard all members of our school community;
- to give children and their families a strong sense of community and enjoyment of school life.