Welcome to the Kestrel Class page.
Click to view the current Curriculum Overview
Click to view our Class Blog
Spelling and times-tables are tested on Fridays.
PE kits are needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays and PE shoes will be needed throughout the week.
Take a look at some of the great work we’re doing on the Kestrel Class Blog by following the following link, or looking below… http://bressinghamkestrelclass.blogspot.co.uk/
The old Class 4 Blog can still be found at: http://bressinghamclass4.blogspot.co.uk/
Homework is an opportunity for parents to share learning with their children, whilst revisiting or extending classroom learning; it helps the children to move on. It also helps the children to be prepared for High School homework.
- Reading- daily reading, with a child reading to an adult and/or an adult reading to a child, and discussing the text (at least 50 mins per week)- parents please sign each time to enable your child to be entered into a weekly draw for a prize
- Spellings- weekly tests on a Friday- words based on a spelling rule (or rules) that the children learn and words from the Curriculum 2014 common exception words lists
- Team Spellings- individual spelling lists learnt to earn points for a team competition- to be tested on Tuesdays
- Times tables- including mental Maths- weekly tests on a Friday
- CGP Maths for Y5 and Y6, CGP Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling for Y6- to be completed and marked at home, for consolidation and revision of learning
If homework isn’t done, then children will be expected to catch up with this in school, so that they are not falling behind their peers. We are always ready to talk through homework with children or parents; please pop in to make an appointment.